All Types of Gold Prospecting Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
groundrush
groundrush

The Red Robin Mine - Victoria's Last Gold Rush - Page 2 Empty Re: The Red Robin Mine - Victoria's Last Gold Rush

Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:19 pm
Found the same in an area about 30 k east of Tennant Creek. A lovely .7 gram bit completely encapsulated in iron stone. it happens and you would guess that many new guys would have tossed the stone to the dirt. Always put doubtful stones in your pocket. Cool
Creswick Kid

The Red Robin Mine - Victoria's Last Gold Rush - Page 2 Empty Re: The Red Robin Mine - Victoria's Last Gold Rush

Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:14 pm
Don't know if that piece came from an ironstone conglomerate as there were no other stones, pebbles, or even sand present in the host rock, just the dark brown ironstone
like Host Rock Formation and the Smooth Nugget.
Found another similar sized nugget that was completely enclosed in this same type of ironstone rock formation on Rheola Hill way back in the early SD detector days.
It was on the surface and I think maybe someone dug it up sometime in earlier times and then threw it away in disgust thinking that it was only a hot rock.
I was just about to do the same as there was no visible gold on the stone, but the weight of it made me suspicious.
So I gave the stone a good rubbing on my trousers and finally a couple of small gold flakes became visible to the naked eye.
I took the stone home and threw it on the bench in the garage where it stayed for many years as I thought it contained only a small amount of gold.
Finally one time I decided to soak a few other small ironstone coated specimens in acid and threw that stone into the glass acid jar as well.
I got a very pleasant surprise when I checked on the jar a few days later, as the ironstone coating was dissolving and revealing a beautiful gold nugget inside.
This nugget was rough and prickly and totally different to the one mentioned earlier, it must have originated from the reefs on Rheola Hill.

This beggars the question of how did the ironstone like rock formation came about enclosing or attaching itself to some of the gold nuggets found in the goldfields.
I am not sure I buy the theory there that it was through liquid brine-like ironstone solution in ancient times which then hardened up into rock trapping the gold inside.
That might explain some of the gold found in creeks or conglomerates that were once underwater, but it doesn't explain the tops of hills which never saw this type of
water action and also why were no other alluvial materials apart from gold were attached to the formation.

There are also some good gold diggings areas near Blue Mountain that contain these types of ironstone-coated nuggets, so if you are ever beeping up that way pay
close attention to any ironstone coated rocks or pebbles that you may dig up.
REG WILSON

Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:33 pm
The acid you used certainly was not hydrofluoric or it would have dissolved the glass.

Your assertion that the tops of hill were never under water is simplistic in the extreme, as many higher elevations throughout the Great Dividing range have ample evidence of ancient streams. The upper heights of the Himalayas contain fossilized marine life. If you have ever been to the Mountain hut lead you will find extensive areas of large water worn quartz boulders some hundreds of meters above the nearby plains.
Creswick Kid

Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:23 pm
Some hills and mountain areas were under water at some stage but not all, and those that were show evidence of it, Rheola Hill does not, nor do many other high altitude gold locations that I have detected.

I have detected small gold nuggets from proper ironstone reefs and the make-up of these rock formations is completely different to the ironstone covering those nuggets so
they definitely didn't originate from those kind of sources.

One of these ironstone reefs that carries detectable gold is in the Muckleford forest not too far from Walmer, know the one I'm talking about ?

Creswick Kid

Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:39 pm
Also, Einstein Wilson, please explain this to a simple person like me.

if that nugget from the top of the hill was coated in ironstone due to prolonged water action, then why did the gold nugget inside
show no evidence of water wear, but was rough and prickly like it has just been chiselled out of a rich reef?

And don't tell me it had just popped out of the reef as the iron liquid soup was solidifying and it got trapped in it that way. Very Happy
REG WILSON

Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:41 pm
'If I have to explain it to you then you wouldn't understand'. I have seen both prickly and smooth gold in the same conglomerate lead. In some cases the conglomerate, or cement may have eroded away completely leaving few if any traces with only the heaviest material (gold) left behind. Aerial survey can detect the one time existence of streams that are long gone. Talk to a geologist.

PS You may like to read Boyles excellent book Gold... The History and Genesis of deposits There is some very interesting information on secondary deposition.

1&halfgram4three, Clay and jrbeatty like this post

1&halfgram4three
1&halfgram4three
Admin
Location : A pepple in d's shoe, he knows it's there, it annoy's him but he can never find and get rid off!!! Lol
https://onehalfgram.forumotion.com

Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:12 pm
Gold History and-Genesis of deposits: (686 pages) Robert W. Boyle
https://vdoc.pub/download/gold-history-and-genesis-of-deposits-4nf0omqomaj0

CHAPTER 16: OXIDATION AND SECONDARY ENRICHMENT OF
GOLD DEPOSITS 545

Note to Guests; Cut and paste as they are unable to see links
Gold History and-Genesis of deposits: (686 pages) Robert W. Boyle
https://

vdoc.pub/download/gold-history-and-genesis-of-deposits-4nf0omqomaj0

Last edited by 1&halfgram4three on Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:46 pm; edited 2 times in total

REG WILSON, Clay, jrbeatty and Goodman like this post

Creswick Kid

Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:41 am
It didn't come from conglomerate lead or ironstone reefs, you fuckwits I have seen enough gold from those two sources to know that this was of a different formation and colour and texture.

But by all means, trust the books and the science and please go out and get your latest covid boosters so that you don't catch the nasty sniffles again you poor things.

Creswick Kid

The Red Robin Mine - Victoria's Last Gold Rush - Page 2 Empty Maybe its Gold!

Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:00 am
Researchers at Australian National University discovered a new, innermost layer nestled inside our planet's inner core, a 400-miles solid metallic.

Since our school days, we've been taught that the Earth is made up of several layers: the crust, the mantle, the outer core and the inner core.

But the inner core isn't the end of it. Scientists made a discovery deep within the Earth's core - a massive solid sphere.

Two researchers from the Australian National University found that the Earth has an 'innermost inner core' that may have formed following a 'significant global event' from the past.

Seismologists Thanh-Son Phạm and Hrvoje Tkalčić found a solid metal core, which led to them spotting new details about the core that hadn't been noticed before.

'We analysed digital records of ground motion, known as seismograms, from large earthquakes in the last decade.

'Our study becomes possible thanks to the unprecedented expansion of the global seismic networks, particularly the dense networks in the contiguous U.S., the Alaskan peninsula and over the European Alps,' lead author Pham explained.

Both the outer shell of the inner core and this newly discovered innermost sphere have high enough temperatures to melt iron-nickel alloys. However, the immense pressure at the Earth's centre keeps these materials in a solid state.

The only thing that scientists know for sure is that shit comes out of their holes! BS and you know it!!

Goodman
Goodman

Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:11 am

For more certainty we might need to see a photo of this prickly nugget that was coated with iron.
I watched something a while ago about very rare types of gold occurrences, like so rare you wouldn’t believe it could happen.

Now if you hadn’t been such a fuckwit you would have realised that what you had found was unusual and had it sliced and studied, but no …. Numpty dropped it in acid Smile

There must be thousands of gold orebodies left hidden in this state due to semi retarded detectorists removing surface traces without a second thought of the bigger picture.

I feel like we’ve spoken before Creswick kid, were you a member of the finders forum ? Penta ?

Last edited by Goodman on Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
REG WILSON

Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:09 am
Thanks Halfy for posting the link to Boyle's most informative book, although the Kid has no need of such knowledge. It seems our enlightened friend, although praising two very helpful but basic books, sees fit to rubbish any publication that may test his capacity to absorb a deeper understanding of the many examples of gold formation, and then throws in some bizarre reference to Covid.
I get the impression that there are a few wires not well soldered within his cranium. (remind you of anyone?) Moments of normality are quickly replaced by spitting and snarling, like some nasty critter caught in a trap, lashing out for no other reason than he likes to do so. Regardless of his scoffing of anything not of his understanding and his high opinion of his own intellect it is highly unlikely that he has had any real success as a prospector, as his posts are suggestive of a try hard that has never quite 'made it'.
I guess we are just going to have to suffer his anonymous outbursts of self praise and denigration of those that he sees to be below his pinnacle of brilliance.

jrbeatty and Goodman like this post

Intelligent Mr Toad

Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:39 pm
I say you fellows, this is a splendid reverting tale, keep it up old chaps I am totally mesmerised!

There is nothing like messing about the old goldfields and finding some colour

Sorry for stealing your motorcar, Reggie. Laughing
REG WILSON

Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:29 am
Not sure what this tale is reverting to, unless of course Mr Toad meant riveting, in which case I can only say that I am glad that he is being entertained.

The last time I looked, my car was still there ????

groundrush likes this post

Creswick kid

The Red Robin Mine - Victoria's Last Gold Rush - Page 2 Empty The new me

Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:28 pm
I get a bit carried away with my own self importance at times, big ego, continuously criticising people. But l have had therapy and will no longer act like the Creswick Clown.
Hoo Roo. Hmmmmmm
1&halfgram4three
1&halfgram4three
Admin
Location : A pepple in d's shoe, he knows it's there, it annoy's him but he can never find and get rid off!!! Lol
https://onehalfgram.forumotion.com

Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:37 pm
I enjoyed your posts, You be how you want to be "Creswick kid"
All here are big enough to get along or serve it up to each other, that's how Finders of the old used to be, then came along the PA forum where only back patting was allowed, God that got me sick!

REG WILSON, Clay and jrbeatty like this post

Lean on Pete

Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:08 pm
I HAVE IT ON GOOD AUTHORITY THAT AEGPF IS FINISHED AND THAT THE OWNER IS MISSING.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum