All Types of Gold Prospecting Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
davsgold
davsgold

Processing some quartz Empty Processing some quartz

Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:48 pm
I've been busy crushing quartz rock 32kg in fact and have finished the total processing of it now the end result is 33.38g of gold which is just over 1 gram per Kg or rock Hmmmmmm

Processing some quartz End_re10

Processing some quartz 20220811

Processing some quartz Aug_2011

Processing some quartz 20220910

cheers dave

Araratgold, Clay and jrbeatty like this post

jrbeatty
jrbeatty

Processing some quartz Empty Re: Processing some quartz

Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:14 pm
Great work Dave and Veronica!

Now you need to go get some more  high grade quartz Very Happy

davsgold likes this post

davsgold
davsgold

Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:05 pm
yes, if I could bring a tonne of them rocks back at that grade would be over a kilo of the good stuff Hmmmmmm

jrbeatty likes this post

groundrush
groundrush

Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:35 pm
Nice work Dave. Looks like you have got the right equipment for the job. There was a bloke in Kal who would crush for you small scale is he still going?
I crow barred some very rich quartz out of the ground Northeast of here and got best part of two ounces out of the dolly. There is more there but to follow the lead would take some equipment that would have me breaking the rules. I have kept a chunk of quartz with visible gold to show newbies and those interested the difference between the real thing and all the other shiny bits in quartz. I will try and put a pic up of the piece when I figure out how.
Cheers gr.

jrbeatty and davsgold like this post

1&halfgram4three
1&halfgram4three
Admin
Location : A pepple in d's shoe, he knows it's there, it annoy's him but he can never find and get rid off!!! Lol
https://onehalfgram.forumotion.com

Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:40 pm
Click; Host a Image
Processing some quartz 15_09_11

Click; Select files
Processing some quartz 15_09_12

Click; Where your photo is eg. downloads/photo's
Processing some quartz 15_09_13

Note only three pics can be uploaded per post

groundrush likes this post

1&halfgram4three
1&halfgram4three
Admin
Location : A pepple in d's shoe, he knows it's there, it annoy's him but he can never find and get rid off!!! Lol

Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:45 pm
Click on your photo then open
Processing some quartz 15_09_18

Click on; send the image to selected category
Processing some quartz 15_09_16

Click; Insert all
Processing some quartz 15_09_17

Last edited by 1&halfgram4three on Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

davsgold

Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:45 pm
groundrush wrote:There was a bloke in Kal who would crush for you small scale is he still going?

I don't really know which one you mean, but I think finders keepers will run a bit of rock through a mill an a small scale for you.

I would rather do it at home it gives me something to do, and yes gradually added some things to the equipment to speed it up and make it easier/faster Thumbs Up

The first little dolly pot and panning dish was slow going

cheers dave
1&halfgram4three
1&halfgram4three
Admin

Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:54 pm
I ended up just chucking mine in a 44 drum along with all the sticks and just roasted away for the night, it made a massive difference , way easier to crush.
Problem is I stuffed up and didn't know which ore came from where, not that there was any values worth investigation in that.

davsgold likes this post

davsgold
davsgold

Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:16 pm
1&halfgram4three wrote:I ended up just chucking mine in a 44 drum along with all the sticks and just roasted away for the night, it made a massive difference , way easier to crush.
Problem is I stuffed up and didn't know which ore came from where, not that there was any values worth investigation in that.

that's a good idea, roast the quarts to help soften it, I know running 32kg through my impact chain mill wore the chain down and put alot of ground up metal filings in the powered up material that I had to run through the gold cube, but a magnet attached to a long bolt and slid in a plastic tube cylinder picked up the filings and then just a matter of lifting the magnet and drop the filings into another pan and check for gold that was tangled

and that's a 5/8" HT bolt fitted into the chain links
Processing some quartz 20220911

cheers dave

Clay and jrbeatty like this post

groundrush
groundrush

Processing some quartz Empty Got there , One of the nicer and bigger pieces from Arltunga .I call it the heart of gold.

Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:45 pm
Processing some quartz EEworaH

Clay and jrbeatty like this post

Clay

Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:10 pm
Nice bit of alluvial gold groundrush, have you had it soak in acid. Was it a lone nugget or part of a patch.
groundrush
groundrush

Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:22 am
I like the red staining on this on this one, so it's been in the cleaner and nothing else. It came from an area of old alluvial workings at Arltunga. Lucky for me I arrived one morning to find a fair size tree blown over roots and all in a recent storm. The first one was 18g then a 5g and that was it in the area the tree had stood, a week or so later following the downward trend of ground from the first two and after hauling the fallen tree aside a deep pocket produced the heart.

1&halfgram4three, Clay and jrbeatty like this post

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum