All Types of Gold Prospecting Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
jrbeatty
jrbeatty

Some X coils results Empty Some X coils results

Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:00 pm
The X Coils 26" CC test coil hit on half an ounce of small bits last month:

Some X coils results 4l84FOzl

Weather was wet and track conditions prevented me accessing my best deep ground, so spent the time checking out promising new ground with 'Broke in Bendigo" who has mastered the X Coil 17" CC in no uncertain terms!!

Deep 8 gram piece:

Some X coils results GDbIFhnl

"Broke" ended up finding more weight than I did, including a 15 gram specimen seen here at the back of the scales.
All this prospected mainly on public ground:

Some X coils results 4Oo43QMl

1&halfgram4three, Araratgold, REG WILSON, Clay, Jabber Spikee and davsgold like this post

davsgold
davsgold

Some X coils results Empty Re: Some X coils results

Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:04 pm
very nice

jrbeatty likes this post

1&halfgram4three
1&halfgram4three
Admin
Location : A pepple in d's shoe, he knows it's there, it annoy's him but he can never find and get rid off!!! Lol
https://onehalfgram.forumotion.com

Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:36 pm
"15 gram specimen seen here at the back of the scales."

I soaked about ten small bits in the 3,2,1g  range in some fumy 68% Nit a few years back, eats/dissolves a 50% silver coin in 20 secs flat.
As I wanted to have a bit of a experiment from my part, to see what would bring the most $$$ wise
Some X coils results Nit10

In hindsight really would of been better selling nine of them as is, as only one piece had the gold running right through it had a ok fern look but wasn't worth the risks and time. So what would you do with that 15g piece, crush, soak or sell as is, I'd go for the later.

jrbeatty

Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:14 am
Tough question Halfie.

If it's a "solid" specimen then dissolution in acid makes it readily saleable (in nugget form) to a bullion buyer.
If it's a "pretty" specimen it may sell "as is" to a collector (if one can be found)
If it's fugly it can sometimes be prettied up for sale with a quick acid bath without dissolving all the quartz.
If it's a disseminated specimen then complete dissolution in acid followed by smelting (as Dave has) may be the best solution. disseminated specimens can usually be identified with a multimeter.

In Broke's case, the specimen is both "solid" and "pretty" so it could be sold either completely dissolved or left as is.
I suspect he'll keep it- Very Happy

1&halfgram4three likes this post

Jabber Spikee
Jabber Spikee

Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:56 am
Halfie, you will now have to change Broke's name to "Killin it in Bendigo" Laughing 

Those Russian X coils are pretty good, it would be nice to see locally produced ones though.

Good going there!

That is more gold in one post than the duds forum has seen collectively in the last 5 years Laughing Laughing Laughing

Araratgold, REG WILSON and jrbeatty like this post

jrbeatty
jrbeatty

Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:59 pm
1&halfgram4three wrote:" --In hindsight really would of been better selling nine of them as is, as only one piece had the gold running right through. It had a ok fern look but wasn't worth the risks and time. So what would you do with that 15g piece, crush, soak or sell as is? I'd go for the latter.

Sometimes the decision is easy.
In this example (from February this year) the piece was heavily oxidised but mainly solid:

Some X coils results B1n5YPFl

Came up a treat in the Alibrite:

Some X coils results Kngb3y3l

Araratgold, REG WILSON and Clay like this post

groundrush
groundrush

Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:26 pm
Nice ..Oh to be in big gold country. But then when I go a hunting there is only me and the dog and that's got to be worth something.

Araratgold, REG WILSON and jrbeatty like this post

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum